The advent of COVID-19 pandemic and the Government guidance under Health Protection (Coronavirus, Business Closures) Regulations 2020 and other pronouncements, has meant the closure of all non-essential premises/public venues, of which the conference venue at RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AD, is one.
Given that no public venue events are probable in London until late 2020, we regrettably announce the cancellation of the XIIIth Congress of ISD-DE on 17th – 19th June 2020, for your and our safety.
Registrants and sponsors will be individually contacted in respect to full refunds. Authors of all abstracts submitted will be individually contacted. Please appreciate that these processes will take some weeks to complete. Meanwhile the activities of the website will continue to expand and we look forward to your participation as Members. Membership of the society is encouraged for full benefit. More info on membership available here.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract submission is open online from Friday 13th December 2019 until Wednesday 18th March 2020, click here to submit an abstract. Abstracts and all presentations are in ENGLISH.
- All abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission form and will not be accepted by post, email, FAX, WhatsApp or any other means.
- PLEASE STATE
- AUTHORS – FIRST (PRESENTING) AUTHOR The first author will be the presenting author who is expected to register and pay the appropriate registration fee, attend the Congress and make the presentation. Up to 4 co-authors may be on any single abstract and are welcome to attend as well on payment of the appropriate registration fee. ISD-DE requires the names of all authors on the abstract, and all affiliations / institutions / clinics / hospitals of the authors.
- EMAIL ADDRESS Please provide an accurate email address for the first author as all correspondence re the abstract will be by email after submission.
- ABSTRACT TITLE Must be concise and not exceed 15 words and must not contain abbreviations
- ABSTRACT CONTENT. Include headings AIMS, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS. The body of the abstract must not exceed 1800 characters (the character count will be displayed at the bottom of your submission form), excluding the title and four main headings. No diagrams, graphs, tables, images, references should be in the abstract. Since the Scientific Committee want to assess all the abstracts without being able to identify the authors please omit the names of the authors and institutions / affiliations within the abstract text.
- CHOICE OF e-POSTER (DIGITAL), RAPID FIRE PRESENTATION 3 MINUTES OR FREE PAPER 6 MINUTES. Please identify the type of presentation you with your abstract to be considered for and what type of presentation you absolutely do not want to consider.
- RECEIPT OF ABSTRACT All abstracts submitted online will receive an email receipt and identifying number indicating that it has been received and will be considered. Please look in your clutter / junk mail / spam folder in case the ISD-DE reply should be there instead of your inbox. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours after submission, please contact the organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Selection Committee strongly recommends that authors submit their abstracts as early as possible in order to avoid a last-minute rush and system congestion. Once the abstract is submitted, it cannot be revised.
- Late submissions after Wednesday 18th March will not be considered.
- REVIEW OF ABSTRACTS Submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The review process is confidential and the decision is final.
- NOTIFICATION The First Author will be notified of the abstract selection outcome including the type of presentation on or immediately after Friday 20th March 2020.
- ISD-DE holds the copyright to the Abstract Text and will publish the successful abstracts on the society website www.isd-de.org and reproduce the abstract materials in any digital and printed form for distribution.
- PRESENTATIONS All accepted digital e-posters must be submitted to abstract submission by Friday 5th June 2020. All accepted Rapid Fire presentations must be submitted by Friday 12th June to email email@example.com by email or by wetransfer / transferbigfiles (or similar) if large file.
- REGISTRATION Authors must register to attend and present their work. Authors may not present if they are not registered as a delegate, therefore authors are encouraged to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration date which closes Friday 17th April 2020. Please note that the number of delegates will be limited and therefore early registration is advised in order to avoid disappointment. Registration closes 6th June 2020.
- INVITATION LETTER Successful authors who require an invitation letter should request this from the organiser, giving their full name, professional position and hospital / clinic / institution.
Please complete the following check list before submitting your final abstract:
- Has the abstract got a concise, descriptive title?
- Is the First Author name clear?
- Are all the co-authors included?
- Are the names of any affiliated institutions / hospitals / clinics etc associated with the authors omitted from the main text of the abstract?
- Does your abstract clearly state the aims, methods, results and conclusions of your study?
- If English is not your first language please make sure that it has been checked and proof read by a native or fluent English speaker before submission.
- Have you stated clearly what type of presentation you wish your abstract to be submitted for?
- Please ensure that the title and abstract word count is within the guidelines above.
- Please include financial disclosures for each author.
- Please ensure that your contact email address is functioning
Don’t forget to register for the meeting before the Early Bird Closing date Friday 17th April 2020