Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract submission is open online from Wednesday 25th October 2023 until Wednesday 28th February 2024, click here to submit an abstract. Abstracts and all presentations are in ENGLISH.
- All abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission form and will not be accepted by post, email, FAX, WhatsApp or any other means.
- PLEASE STATE
- AUTHORS – FIRST (PRESENTING) AUTHOR The first author will be the presenting author who is expected to register and pay the appropriate registration fee, attend the Congress and make the presentation. Up to 4 co-authors may be on any single abstract and are welcome to attend as well on payment of the appropriate registration fee. ISD-DE requires the names of all authors on the abstract, and all affiliations / institutions / clinics / hospitals of the authors.
- EMAIL ADDRESS Please provide an accurate email address for the first author as all correspondence re the abstract will be by email after submission. This will be tied to the email address on your website account of www.isd-de.org
- ABSTRACT TITLE Must be concise and not exceed 15 words and must not contain abbreviations
- ABSTRACT CONTENT. Include headings AIMS, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS. The body of the abstract must not exceed 1800 characters (the character count will be displayed at the bottom of your submission form), excluding the title and four main headings. No diagrams, graphs, tables, images, references should be in the abstract. Since the Scientific Committee want to assess all the abstracts without being able to identify the authors please omit the names of the authors and institutions / affiliations within the abstract text.
- CHOICE OF e-POSTER (DIGITAL), RAPID FIRE PRESENTATION 3 MINUTES OR FREE PAPER 5 MINUTES. Please identify the type of presentation you with your abstract to be considered for.
- RECEIPT OF ABSTRACT All abstracts submitted online will receive an email receipt and identifying number indicating that it has been received and will be considered. Please look in your clutter / junk mail / spam folder in case the ISD-DE reply should be there instead of your inbox. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours after submission, please contact the organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Selection Committee strongly recommends that authors submit their abstracts as early as possible in order to avoid a last-minute rush and system congestion. Once the abstract is submitted, it cannot be revised.
- Late submissions after Wednesday 28th February 2024 will not be considered.
- REVIEW OF ABSTRACTS Submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The review process is confidential and the decision is final.
- NOTIFICATION The First Author will be notified of the abstract selection outcome including the type of presentation on or immediately after Wednesday 20th March 2024.
- ACCEPTANCE The first Author must confirm if they intend to attend and present at the meeting. Acceptance must be via email to email@example.com by the deadline of Friday 5th April 2024.
- ISD-DE holds the copyright to the Abstract Text and will publish the successful abstracts on the society website www.isd-de.org and reproduce the abstract materials in any digital and printed form for distribution.
- PRESENTATIONS All accepted digital e-posters must be submitted to abstract submission by Wednesday 15th May 2024. All accepted Rapid Fire presentations must be submitted by Wednesday 22nd May 2024 to email firstname.lastname@example.org by email or by wetransfer / transferbigfiles (or similar) if large file.
- REGISTRATION Authors must register to attend and present their work. Authors may not present if they are not registered as a delegate, therefore authors are encouraged to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration date which closes Wednesday 10th April 2024. Please note that the number of delegates will be limited and therefore early registration is advised in order to avoid disappointment. Registration closes Wednesday 22nd May.
- INVITATION LETTER Successful authors who require an invitation letter should request this from the organiser, giving their full name, professional position and hospital / clinic / institution.
Please complete the following check list before submitting your final abstract:
- Has the abstract got a concise, descriptive title?
- Is the First Author name clear?
- Are all the co-authors included?
- Are the names of any affiliated institutions / hospitals / clinics etc associated with the authors omitted from the main text of the abstract?
- Does your abstract clearly state the aims, methods, results and conclusions of your study?
- If English is not your first language please make sure that it has been checked and proof read by a native or fluent English speaker before submission.
- Have you stated clearly what type of presentation you wish your abstract to be submitted for?
- Please ensure that the title and abstract word count is within the guidelines above.
- Please include financial disclosures for each author.
- Please ensure that your contact email address is functioning
Don’t forget to register for the meeting before the Early Bird Closing date Wednesday 10th April 2024